TAPTITE 2000®

For innovative assembly


HOW TO THREAD FORM YOUR WAY TO LOWER IN-PLACE COST


Thread forming TAPTITE 2000® fasteners offer substantial reduction of overall cost of assembly.


TAPTITE 2000® forms a thread when being driven into core holes drilled, punched or cast in ductile steel and aluminium members. The trilobular geometry and the Radius Profile™ thread design offer an excellent thread forming to failure ratio.


TAPTITE 2000® is a true money-saver, since it eliminates process steps like pre threading and degreasing.


Can you afford not to evaluate the TAPTITE 2000® potential?



SAVE MONEY AND THE ENVIRONMENT


Replacing traditional screw assemblies with TAPTITE 2000® significantly reduces the environmental impact of the assembly by eliminating tapping and degreasing operations. Also plastic prevailing torque features are made redundant.


Eliminating process steps like pre thread cutting and degreasing will reduce energy consumption in the process. In most cases, assembly costsavings will exceed the higher screw price by 4–8 times!

IMPROVED ERGONOMICS


Conventional metric screw assembly often requires hand start or dog points to avoid cross threading. The stabilizing lead in threads of TAPTITE 2000® ensures axial alignment and the unique thread design of TAPTITE 2000® overcomes most weld splatters and paint remains that normally affect operator ergonomics.


Additionally, TAPTITE 2000® requires a low end load to initiate thread forming, which adds a significant benefit for operators daily assembling thousands of screws.


Taptite 2000

TAPTITE 2000® “SP”™ – FOR NON-FERROUS MATERIALS


TAPTITE 2000® “SP”™ fasteners have a shorter point than standard TAPTITE 2000® fasteners to maximize full thread engagement in blind holes, particularly in non-ferrous materials.


TAPTITE 2000® “SP”™ fasteners are primarily used in aluminium and heat treated with CORFLEX®-N to minimize the potential of stress corrosion.



IMPROVED APPLICATION QUALITY


TAPTITE 2000® can replace ISO metric screws in most applications. Threads formed by TAPTITE 2000® are fully compatible with the ISO metric system which enables part count reductions for after market and ensures serviceability.


The initial thread forming torque also supports assembly methods as angle monitoring through the initial thread forming torque. TAPTITE 2000® can also be used for “torque-to-yield”-applications. The final assembly provides a superior vibration resistance and mechanical prevailing torque through the trilobular design, which preserves applied clamp load in joint.



A MONEY-SAVER


Typically, only about 15 % of the total in-place cost of fastening is the cost of the screw. TAPTITE 2000® can significantly lower the cost of the remaining 85 %, since it:

ELIMINATES


  • tapping operation and other related costs

  • hand start

  • prevailing torque features through it’s trilobular geometry

  • needs for Teflon coatings on mating nut members and plugs to avoid weld splatters

  • need for paint clearing features


ENABLES


  • part number reduction by eliminating variants as paint clearing features, prevailing torque features, and in most cases dog points


IN PLACE COST INDEX


Head office

Bulten AB
Box 9148
400 93 Gothenburg, Sweden

Visitor's address:
August Barks gata 6A, Gothenburg
SWEDEN

Tel: + 46 31 734 59 00
Fax: + 46 31 734 59 39